In celebration of our Independence I had to make a cake. In actuality I have wanted to try out fondant and so this was the perfect opportunity to give it a whirl without the pressure of perfection. I followed it up by helping Erin make Katie's "Princess Castle" cake for her birthday party, and it turned out great...you'll have to check out her blog for those pictures.
To truly celebrate being Independent Chris and I rid ourselves of children and went camping/4-wheeling for the weekend. We went with Joey/Crystal & family to Ashland Resorts in WV. They have been several times, but this was a first for me. Carson got to stay with his cousins Travis and Tyler, and Cooper enjoyed the sole attention of Granny and Papaw Green.
Chris and Flossie
Chloe, Karleigh, Crystal
During one of our rides, taking an unknown path, trying to make our way back to camp, we came across this severely burnt up car. It was a little creepy. We were in the middle of nowhere, nothing around, and no idea how to get to any type of civilization and there sits a torched car. Kind of like a scene from "Wrong Turn". However, the boys of course had to inspect and for whatever reason found a melted pile of aluminum facinating.
Aside from being sick on saturday and then again monday it was a great trip. We enjoyed the time away from children, and knew they were having a blast as well.
I have been wanted to learn how to do fontant too! Your's came out great! How nice to get away with no kids...I wish. I can't help but laugh out loud everytime I see Joey, I just can't believe were all grown-up! Tell him I said his kids are SO cute! And Happy Birthday Cooper.
ReplyDelete