Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Winter Fun

In attempts to catch up on our life I decided to not worry about the order in which I posted blogs. This will hopefully encourgage me to just document our life and eventually the past will make its way in.

On Sunday we got 10ish inches of very wet snow. It was the first major snow to occur this winter...which has been extremely mild (and I personally am loving it). We headed out to church but ended up turning around because the roads were already so slick and the snow was pouring down. So, we chilled inside with the boys begging to go outside to play. It was so cold that they didn't get their wish.

Monday brought on a totally different story. It was definitely winter wonderland, but a warm one. The temperature got up to a sunny 45 degrees. The boys got their wish. I'm not one to frollick in the snow but even I couldn't resist because the temperature was so enticing. The boys played with Chris (all schools were out) for a little bit in the morning and then I went out with them later.

First on the agenda was building a snowman...no laughing


Carson was loving it and insisted on the details of our snowman
Next the boys were adament that we have a snowball fight. As you can tell by the time I was ready to take their second picture they were ready for the fight (I made them promise to wait until I had put the camera up).
Then Carson wanted to pick up where his dad had left off...sledding.
Finally, Carson really wanted to make Snow Angels. Although, I do think he was slightly disappointed in them because they were hard to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment