Sunday, July 8, 2012

Caden Raleigh Green

It is so hard to believe that 9 months (+/- a few days) has come and gone.  Baby boy #3 was due May 25, 2012.  Both Carson and Cooper were scheduled inductions and I went back and forth on whether to be induced with this one.  Eventually my fear of the unknown took over and I decided to be induced, May 23 was the date.  Chris, the insane fisherman in our house, insisted we have a family fishing day before welcoming a brand new infant.  So, we planned that for Saturday the 19th.  I even bought my first ever fishing license (got to be legal, right?).  That evening after he got off work we packed our dinner and headed to Bear Tree Lake.
About 45 minutes into our fishing adventure my water broke, just after I caught the first fish.  I really dreaded telling Chris because he looked forward to this time SO much.  After letting him know, I assured him it was ok if we stayed a little longer (after all I wasn't really having contractions and knew we'd be ok).  So, we continued to fish long enough for Carson to catch a fish (the biggest) and me a second one.
It was later in the evening, and we decided we didn't want constant phone calls all night, so we chose not to tell anyone, except for Heather who needed to come watch the other 2 for us (which by the way took us forever to get McDonald's to let us talk to her, even after telling them it was an emergency).

Chris and I got to the hospital around 9pm.  It took them a very short time to decide I needed to be admitted, and off to our room we went.  Unfortunately it was a really busy weekend and so I got very little attention from the doctor until 3 am.  It was then that she completed breaking my water and life got miserable.  Thankfully, it was only for 2.5 hours.  At 5:29am Baby Boy Green was born at 19 inches long and 6lbs 3ozs.  I ended up getting my "go into labor on your own" experience after all. 
                                                         I made the onesie
Being born on a Sunday means that everyone is off and available to visit (good or bad).  First Hannah and Gabby came to visit.  Then Heather brought the boys to see him.  Both were a little shy at first but have quickly warmed up and LOVE him.
No, Heather does NOTHING without with cell phone...it's her talent in life
Carson has waited for a baby for a long time and adores him, even if it wasn't a girl.
Cooper loves him more than I imagined
Carson and Cooper being in the hospital room for 6 hours was a terrible mistake.  They were bored to death and drove us crazy (unless Chris was driving them crazy like the picture below).  Finally Granny and Papaw showed and took them away for the next week...Thank You!
Finally got the nurse to remove the twirly chair before someone ended up in another hospital room because of it.
My 3 boys - #3 still didn't have a name at this point.

Then after church hours my mom and dad (with other siblings) showed up.  They brought tulips, balloons, fruit tray and his puppy that we named Fischer.

Then around 5 Chris's family showed.  Grandparents, parents, Aunt and cousins.  I have no idea why there are no pictures (maybe I'll come across some and post them).

Finally, Joey & Crystal (and girls) came for their visit.  Life was exhausting but they did bring some YUMMY dunkin donuts for me. 

 Chloe and Caden (it wasn't until monday morning that we finalized on a name)
 We were scheduled to leave monday morning, but as always the doctors and hospital screwed things up and we finally left around 4pm.

With Carson and Cooper at their grandparents and me havin an excuse not to work for a few days, life was fairly peaceful.  Then the following saturday they came back and life returned to normal.
 Caden's first storytime

 Chris and Caden at 2 wks...his first sunday at church

I had made the 3 boys these shirts and had to capture a picture
(that is the reason you make things, right?)

Caden Raleigh Green

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, cute, cute! I've been dying for a new baby post since Erin posted he was born. I love his name. Your boys are simply adorable. This post almost made me sad, I'd LOVE to see you and Erin and your families. Congrats! We have to talk soon!

    ReplyDelete