Great-grandparents Carolyn and Tommy Green, both sets of grandparents, Great Aunt/Uncle Beth and James (w/ Travis), a hand full of Aunts and Uncles, and a party of full of cousins, were all able to attend. Needless to say that even when we keep it to JUST family, we still have a crowd, and it's always lots of fun.
First, we ate. Second, we played...
The kids had a blast on this, and they even convinced Grandpa Dalia to push them around. Apparently, he is a sucker for his grandkids after all.
Is this not the cutest picture? I think I have a picture similar to this of each of my boys with Uncle Joey. Maybe he'll be the one to teach them a thing or two about cars!
Third, we opened gifts...
Carson is SO into money. All he wants to do is accumulate it. He has even told me that I need to get a job at a store so we can have more money. That was about the time I explained to him that I ALREADY had a job, but thankfully it was at home. He is now a little more understanding when I tell him I have to get "work" done. Needless to say, when Caden started opening his cards with money in them, Carson started freaking out asking if he could have it, and he couldn't believe Caden got so much money. When we got home from the party he once again asked if he could have it and when I said "No" he asked "What can I do for Caden to earn it?". He's a pretty funny kid.
A "sock" cow from Grandma & Grandpa. We'll see if he takes to it like Cooper has taken to his "Boo".
Fourth, we ate cake...
Caden kept grabbing for the lit candle while everyone was signing happy birthday to him. Carson took it upon himself to be certain that Caden didn't grab the flame.
As you can see, Caden wasn't super thrilled about being refrained from what he wanted to do.
One last chance to not touch fire.
Then it was time to dig in and he froze on what he was suppose to be doing.
It only took me breaking the cake in half, and giving him a small taste, for his little hands to kick into gear and inhale the cake.
He did slow down enough to share with Miley Jo, though.
Crystal made him a t-shirt with a tie sewn onto it. We threw that over top of his current shirt and he made an instant model. They turned out so darn cute!
Seth - apparently exhausted from the youth dance the night before
Chloe and Alisa - a couple pretty little girls
Colbey and Cooper - these two are going to be some serious trouble makers. They are inseparable when together, and Cooper is ALWAYS thinking about Colbey and bringing him things.
Cooper - my own personal demon, but you just want to pick him up and cuddle with him
Caden - my favorite trait of his is that ANYTIME he is drinking his bottle, he will hold it with one hand, and have the other hand playing with his hair. It is possibly the cutest thing you'll ever see.
I can't believe Caden is already 1 year old. It seems like yesterday that Chris and I took the boys fishing the day after Heather's HS graduation, and my water broke. It feels like just a moment ago that we were stuck in Levine's Children's Hospital in Charlotte, while testing was done to determine why he was having such a hard time breathing (1 year later his Tracheamalicia is better, but not cured). And it was just last month that he underwent blood work and cystic fibrosis screening to try and eliminate reasons as to why he isn't gaining much weight. He is such a little guy - probably weighing no more than 16lbs, but it doesn't keep him from doing what he wants to do. He isn't walking, but he will climb anything (stairs, slides). He has his own attitude when he doesn't get his way, and will let it surface by yelling at you, or throwing himself out of your arms in attempts to get where he wants to be. He adores his brothers and is always wanting to play with them (unfortunately the feeling is rarely reciprocal). He will crawl to Cooper and lay his head on him to give him a hug. He is already a major mommy's boy, and FREAKS if I walk out of the room (unless Scotia or Alisa are nearby). He finally sleeps completely through the night (around 10 months), but will always be the one I remember getting very little sleep for several months in a row because he was having such a hard time breathing. He doesn't jump at the chance for others to hold him, but he LOVES to make them laugh at him. He is our little 'chainsaw' Caden and we adore him (along with a blue million other people).
I told Cooper to go wake him up and a few minutes later when I went to get him this was what I found. Believe it or not, Carson is hidden in there too. You can see his hand grabbing at the railing. Carson and Cooper had taken all their stuff animals, pillows, and blankets and thrown them into Caden's sleeping quarters. It took me a minute to even see where exactly Caden was.
No comments:
Post a Comment