Friday, March 13, 2009

Carson's first ER visit

The beginning of last week we had gotten some snow/ice. On Thursday, March 5th, I had stepped outside onto the deck and Carson, of course, followed. Half the deck still had some snow/ice on it and Carson stepped in it and immediately fell. I really didn't think it was any type of huge deal so I just brought him inside and sat him on the couch. Well, long story short he wouldn't walk for the rest of the day, putting no pressure anywhere near the foot. Once again, I just assumed he had twisted it a little or something. There was a tiny bit of swelling, but no bruising. Friday Crystal and I took Carson and Baylee to a park (such a nice day) and the poor little boy still wouldn't walk. On Saturday he started to crawl around, but I couldn't get him to stand on his right foot for the life of me. While I truly didn't think anything major was wrong, I did start to question myself. I called the doctor's office and they said if he still wasn't walking after 48 hours then I really needed him to have an x-ray. Me, being the believer of everyone, decided it was best I should take him to the ER, rather than wait until monday for the doctor's (and risk the chance of more damage). So in Carson, Heather and I go to West Jefferson to the ER. We got to sit there for almost 2 hours just for the doctor to tell me it must just be a sprain because the x-ray came back normal. Not that I wished something more had happened, but come on, all that money and time for them to tell me it was a sprain. To make everything better Carson decided it was time to walk 1 1/2 hours after getting home that day. So, I guess the x-ray made him all better. The one funny/cute part of the whole thing was when the doctor was examining Carson and and Carson (who is just now learning different words) told the doctor his foot "hurt". He pointed to his right foot and goes "hurt". It was really cute.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that stinks to pay the ER bill. But remember when Bryan had a broken arm for a week because we thought he was okay after he fell down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete