Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cooper's 5th Birthday

Can't believe the time has come for Cooper to turn 5.  5 is such a big age.  It's the beginning of your school years, and for Cooper that wasn't something he was looking forward to.  When asked if he was excited about Kindergarten he would always respond "No", and would typically additionally add "I'm not going".  But, having a 5th birthday was no issue at all for him.  He was all about a birthday.

The morning of he received his requested breakfast - Crepes.  All my boys LOVE when I make Crepes!  Of course, since Caden got the number "2" cut out for his birthday, Cooper insisted he get the number "5".

The saturday before we had a small birthday party at the park with just family and nearby friends.  It was a water party turned crazy.
Birthday Boy - Cooper!

Caden
Tony

Yes, that is the fathers you see in the group taking over the water balloons.

Caleb and cousin Will

Carson, Caleb, Colbey, Cohen and Cooper (way too many "C's")

present time


ready for some cupcakes

Nate - he was intelligent enough to stay away from the craziness
The Sunday after Cooper's birthday we celebrated over at Granny Carol's house with the Green side of the family.  Sadly, I have no pictures from there.  I really have to get back to taking more pictures.

Cooper is such a joy in our family.  He is still a mommy's boy (but at a much less clingy rate), and I can honestly say I don't think I want that to ever change.  He still tells me "We are best friends as long as your aren't mean to me" EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.  He is Carson's sidekick in everything he does, but also a great big brother to Caden.  He is very loving and caring, but wants that love and care in return.  Every morning he wakes up to give me a hug, and insist he says bye every time he or I go somewhere separate.  He has taught himself to ride a bike without training wheels and now has a new favorite hobby.  He also still enjoys his cartoons, and any imaginative play he can get into (Lego's, Playmobil, Imaginext).

No comments:

Post a Comment