Monday, January 4, 2010

Winter Wonderland

December 18th, 2009 - It snowed all day Friday, Saturday, and some of Sunday. This gave us between 13-17 inches of snow (depending on where you measured). It has been some time since a storm like this has hit us. This was the icing on the cake after having lost our electricity several times over the course of a few weeks.

We were suppose to head to Charlotte early Saturday morning, but that was post-poned because there was NO WAY we were getting out. So we chilled, and then when the plows came by Sunday morning we managed to escape to a slightly less snow covered land of Charlotte. Actually they had no snow...so the thoughtful person that I am decided to leave all the snow on top of my car there, and I took that to Charlotte with us. Katie loved it, and even got to throw a few snowballs at people (including her daddy...inside of the house).
Home Sweet Home
I might not always agree with when God creates snow, but I will occasional try to enjoy it while it last (granted it is now Jan 5 and it still exists outside, and I'm 100% done enjoying it). Chris built an igloo on the deck so Carson and I, with Cooper for a brief time, decided to play in it.

Carson was a bit skittish of entering the igloo at first

Cooper T

Carson

Carson decided he would go inside as long as he got to mow...I guess there was no grass on the deck floor so he decided he would try the igloo walls.

Cooper T and Momma

Carson inside the igloo

Carson getting the snow off his house...wouldn't want it to cause roof issues.
Carson decided he wanted a second entrance into the Igloo, and he would build it himself. The following are pictures of him creating the "back door".
A small glimpse of what is to come
Ahh...I can get a head through
Breakthrough
Crawling out the "front door"
Cooper T watching from the window
Once Carson finished his house to perfection, he began to work on getting his car dug out.
The car is pretty buried, this could take a while (with a stick).
Almost done!

While Carson was digging out his car, Chris made me be his experiment and jump from the railing of the deck into the pile of snow he had shoveled off. Call me a baby, but it was a little scary.


After uncovering his car, Carson decided he would begin the process on digging out my car.
I think he gave up due to lack of proper equipment.

Once Chris and I froze out we had to convince Carson, who was still holding strong, that it was time to go inside. It wasn't an easy task, but we managed by promising him his first cup of hot chocolate. He highly enjoyed that. Especially the part where he got to continuously put marshmellows in.

1 comment:

  1. What good sports mom and dad are! This year I decided that I need to invest in a pair of boots and then I'll be a good sport in the snow!

    ReplyDelete